Bedtime drama, amirite? Sometimes getting the kids to do ALL the things is a major battle! But if you make it fun, bring in some positive reinforcement, and empower your kiddo to choose their next task, it can actually be enjoyable. Okay, at least, smoother.
WHAT YOU GET
A PDF digital file with:
• A ready-to-use chart
• Pieces and a board to customize your chart, if desired
HOW IT WORKS
• Purchase, download, print
• You may print as many as you like! Have multiples? Give them each their own chart!
• If you want a custom routine, print the pieces, trim, and paste to the provided board
• You may also use the ready-to-use chart (included)
• You write your child's name at the top
• Frame or laminate to use over and over!
• Your child can plot their own course for their evening!
ABOUT THE GAME
The goal of this activity is to smooth out the evening routine and get your child to bed (and to sleep) with greater ease. The chart helps parents reinforce good behavior and hopefully reduce conflict when it comes to completing the less palatable activities such as cleaning up and personal hygiene. By allowing the child to decide what comes next, they will feel more empowered and will therefore be more cooperative when it comes to getting ready for bed.
Parents can corral the chaos in several ways:
• Deciding which activities are appropriate for the evening before handing to the child & playing the game.
Cross out or cover any activities you wish to exclude from your routine.
• Praising their child for successful completion of each activity
• Rewarding their child in the morning for successful completion of all activities
• Providing a greater reward for numerous successful evenings
By tracking each night on the sheet, you will have a visible collection of successful evenings. Establish that a successful evening constitutes completing EVERY SINGLE STEP on the chart, and for a certain number of successes, they will earn a bigger reward such as a much-desired toy, an experience, or a treat.
• Can you customize the drawing to look like my child?
Unfortunately, I'd have to charge much more to draw every single box for every single order. To keep pricing reasonable, I try to keep these as neutral as possible so your child can still relate to the character. Darker-skin characters coming soon.
• I have several young children. Can you draw 2 or 3 kids?
You can print multiple sheets, one for each child and track their progress individually!
• Can you add new activities for me?
Again, this would be cost-prohibitive. I include 25 options to choose from! Hopefully all of these steps will meet your needs.
• If I print it, how can it be dry erase?
You can print at home or your local print shop on regular paper. Then trim to fit an 8x10" frame, or laminate the sheet!
© 2017, Committed LLC. Copying the artwork is not just bad karma, it's punishable by law.