I come back from vacation and see a nice little comment posted on my About page: another Liebster Award! What a nice surprise from Bre over at Average But Inspired. I liked her new questions, and since my last Liebster post, I’ve started following a few more blogs worth sharing. So here goes!
The Liebster is a nice way to share some love with fellow fledgeling bloggers. A brief intro of how it works:
1. Acknowledge the person who nominated you: (Thanks again, Bre!)
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself:
My super-average facts can be found here. (Cheat cheat cheat cheat…)
3. 11 questions from the nominator (great questions, Bre!):
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
I started Committed back in art school, really. I was planning my wedding and losing my mind. I thought it was funny that getting committed to someone might end up getting ME committed. I’ve held onto the name and adapted it to my design business and this blog.
2. What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written (share a link, too)?
I think it was my farewell post to our kitty, BooBoo. I was surprised at how sad I was to lose him and at the support and kind words from friends. It was also helpful to learn how to talk about his death with our toddler.
3. If you could eat one “unhealthy” food without suffering any negative consequences, what would it be?
Deep-fried Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with salted caramel ice cream and chocolate drizzle. (Yes, this was specific.)
4. What’s your favorite color?
I love all colors! But I’d have to say royal blue.
5. Will you be shopping on Black Friday, and if so, are you looking for anything in particular?
Never! I DO, however, like to go on that Sunday. No crowds, great deals. Tons of parking.
6. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Going “camping” in our RV (which is kind of cheating). I loved going fishing and sitting around the fire.
7. Do you have a vacation planned anytime soon, and if so, where to?
We just got back from Spain, and boy do I want to go back NOW! I think our next vacation will be somewhere sunny in January/February, when the Seattle winter has gotten too depressing.
8. What’s your favorite way to be creative?
Whatever way gives me an immediate result! I’m really impatient. Baking, DIY projects, or creative solutions to toddler problems.
9. Should thank you notes be sent via snail mail, or is email okay?
I’m fine with email! I know people are busy, and it’s great just to have the acknowledgement. I do love a nice snail mail occasionally, but I think expecting it puts too much burden on the recipient.
10. Target or Wal-Mart?
Target. All the way.
4. Other Bloggers Worth Following:
I am cheating (AGAIN!) because I haven’t picked up many new blogs to follow AND several of these blogs have more than 200 followers! But they are worthy of sharing, which I’m happy to do here:
5. Questions for the nominees:
Again, I’m cheating! I just want these bloggers to know that I love reading their posts and that I hope my readers will too. :)