Weekends mean 48 hours with the baby ALL. DAY. ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I mean, that's great! But I want to put it out there: weekends are exhausting for parents of littles. So I've put together 5 ways to actually enjoy those long 48 hours while hanging with your boo and your babe.
5 Ways to Actually Enjoy Your Weekend with a Baby
1) Designate a coffee maker/gopher. Call this out the night before, because girl, ain't nobody in a negotiating mood while uncaffeinated.
You can grab this mug here.
2) Schedule a sitter or a friend for an hour of babyholding. Preferably during witching hour.
3) Have a meal with your partner. Without the baby. I'm serious. Even if it's at 10:00 at night. Just sit together, eat, talk. Even if the conversation is just diaper rashes and refrigerator repairmen, just be together over a meal. I love Munchery for delivery of restaurant-style meals you nuke for 2-3 minutes.*
4) Go to a baby-and-me class or event. This blog post has some hilarious commentary on these. But seriously, going to an age-appropriate venue will wipe out your baby, giving YOU a nice little break after! Win-win!
5) Grab a Dry Erase Newborn Feeding Tracker to get your partner on board with your needs. And if you're beyond the newborn phase, there are chore request charts and sleep trackers included with each one.
So what's on your agenda for the weekend, mamas? Is it going to be early wake-up calls and chaos? Or barbeques and rainbows? Tell me in the comments!
*Affiliate link. I get a discount on meals if you use this link to place your first order.